BSc(Hons) Pharmaceutical and Chemical Sciences: University of Brighton
- BSc(Hons) Pharmaceutical and Chemical Sciences: University of Brighton, School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences, Admissions office, University of Brighton, Cockroft Building, Lewes road, Brighton BN2 4GJ, Brighton, United Kingdom
- Course Language(s)
- Course Beginning
- 3 years full time; 4 years sandwich
- Scholarship and Grants
- +44 (0) 1273 642090
- +44 (0) 1273 642090
Pharmaceutical and chemical sciences provides academic and professional training in chemical, pharmaceutical and analytical sciences. As you work through the course you will examine how these disciplines are used in the development, production and quality control of pharmaceutical and related products.
Career and progression opportunities
Many graduates are employed in the pharmaceuticals sector - some in large multinationals, others in smaller local companies. Recent posts have included research and analysis laboratory work, and office-based pharmaceutical regulatory affairs. Many other graduates progress to postgraduate study before beginning a career in industrial or academic research. Some have taken up PhD places at Brighton and others at Cambridge University, Imperial College, and University College London, and some take up teaching.
- A-levels: BBC (typically translates to 280 points in the UCAS tariff). A-levels must include chemistry. Applicants with only 2 full A-levels or a double award will be considered on an individual basis. Please note that the 2010 prospectus states that biology is required for this course. This is incorrect. The entry requirements stated here supercede those mentioned in the prospectus.
- ND/C (Level 3): MMM.
- International Baccalaureate: 30 points, specified subjects.
- QAA-approved access course: acceptable, subject specific units.
- GCSE (minimum grade C): at least 3 subjects including English language and mathematics or a science.
- Foundation degree/HND/HNC direct to year 2.
- For non-native speakers of English: IELTS 6.0 overall, 6.0 in writing.
People who viewed 'BSc(Hons) Pharmaceutical and Chemical Sciences: University of Brighton
' also found interest in following institutions . . .