Materials: University of Oxford
- Materials: University of Oxford, Graduate Studies Secretary, Department of Materials, 16 Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PH, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Material Technology
- Course Language(s)
- App Deadline
- 21 November, 23 January, 13 March and at any time thereafter. Overseas applicants are advicsed to apply by the end of November.
- Scholarship and Grants
- +44 (0) 1865 283226
- +44 (0) 1865 273789
- DPhil, EngD & MSc by Research in Materials
Science The Department of Materials is the top-ranked materials department in the UK. Research students come from a wide diversity of backgrounds being graduates in the traditional subjects of materials science, physics, chemistry and engineering and also mathematics, earth sciences and biology. Research interests of the Department extend over most branches of materials science, as well as some aspects of solid state physics and chemistry: they include the study of the properties of a wide range of materials of relevance in advanced technological applications, including metals and alloys, composites, semi- and super-conductors, polymers, biomaterials and ceramics.
Much of the research is carried out in close collaboration with industry. World-leading research is being done on:
- Characterisation of Materials where there is emphasis on electron microscopy and related techniques
- Processing of Materials
- Modelling of Materials where there is attention to both structures and processes
- Properties of Materials
Normally a minimum of an upper second-class UK undergraduate degree or equivalent in a suitable science, engineering or mathematics subject.
- Postal address:
The Graduate Admissions Office
PO Box 738
University of Oxford
Oxford, OX1 9FB
- Tel: +44 (0)1865 270059
- Fax: +44 (0)1865 270049
People who viewed 'Materials: University of Oxford
' also found interest in following institutions . . .