Materials Science and Metallurgy: University of Cambridge
- MPhil, PhD
- Materials Science and Metallurgy: University of Cambridge, University of Cambridge, Pembroke Street, Cambridge CB2 3QZ, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Material Technology
- App Deadline
- PhD: none specified
- +44 (0)1223 334300
One of the leading departments of materials science and metallurgy in the world, metallurgical research in Cambridge started in the nineteenth century with the work of Heycock and Neville on phase-diagram determination. Other highlights include the work of UR Evans on corrosion, RB Nicholson on precipitation hardening, A Kelly on composite mechanics, RWK Honeycombe on steels, and the many contributions of A Cottrell. Our current work covers a very wide range of materials and ranges from creating new ones to improving existing ones.
Key research areas
- Physical metallurgy
- Device materials
- Polymers and inorganic composites
- Materials chemistry
- Materials characterisation
- Electron Microscopy
- We are sponsored by many different industries and governments throughout the world
- The Department has strong links with industry and has within it technology centres involving Rolls-Royce and Pfizer.
People who viewed 'Materials Science and Metallurgy: University of Cambridge
' also found interest in following institutions . . .