MA Media Management: University of Westminster
- MA Media Management: University of Westminster, Admissions and Marketing Office, Harrow Campus, University of Westminster, Watford Road, Northwick Park, Harrow, Middlesex HA1 3TP, Harrow, United Kingdom
- Journalism and Mass Communications
- Course Language(s)
- Course Beginning
- 1 year full-time or 2 years part-time
- +44 (0)20 7911 5903
- +44 (0)20 7911 5955
This a new course aimed at media professionals and graduates seeking to build management careers within the growing media and content industries.
As well as teaching fundamental managerial and strategic skills the course is designed to help students cope in the rapidly evolving and increasingly complex world of international media, enabling them to devise solutions to a wide range of commercial and organisational problems.
The course takes an integrated approach to problem solving enabling the student to:
- Identify and analyse strategic and operational opportunities and problems
- Synthesise viable solutions and shape new initiatives
- Implement plans, winning their acceptance within the organisation and transforming vision into reality
- Understand and respond to the operational demands of media organisations.
Westminster's approach seeks to reflect the different ways in which these factors impact organisations and recognises the varying needs and objectives of public and private media entities. The course combines the resources of the Department of Journalism and Mass communication with the knowledge and expertise of both the Communication and Media Research Institute, and Westminster's Business Schools.
Six core modules and a dissertation preparation module:
- Introduction to Media Management
- Media Economics
- Responding to a changing media environment
- The international media firm in transition
- Strategy implementation in the media firm
- Media operations and organisation
- Applicants must possess a good first degree (normally first or upper second) in a humanities or social sciences discipline and/or have relevant professional experience and demonstrating a very real interest in the strategic and commercial challenges facing the mass media and content industries.
- You will need a good standard of written and spoken English (at least 6.5 IELTS or 600 TOEFL or equivalent).
People who viewed 'MA Media Management: University of Westminster
' also found interest in following institutions . . .