MA Magazines: University of East London
- MA Magazines: University of East London, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of East London, Docklands Campus, 4-6 University Way, London E16 2RD, London, United Kingdom
- Journalism and Mass Communications
- Course Language(s)
- Course Beginning
- 1 year full-time or 2 years part-time
- +44 (0)20 8223 7641
About the programme
This programme enables you to rehearse both your craft skills and critical faculties in accordance with a new professionalism where thinking ‘out of the box’ is routinely required. Experienced journalists and editors cover the craft of magazine writing and publishing, the history of magazines, and the changing role of magazines in the lives of their readers.
All students taking MA Magazines will do two core modules, an option, a module introducing research methods in media practice and an independent practical-theoretical project (dissertation in media practice) – this last to be submitted at the end of the summer.
Destinations for graduates include magazine journalism, advertising, publishing, PR, branding, corporate communications and other creative industries.
- Applicants will normally have a good honours degree or equivalent, or comparable professional or research experience.
- Applications from overseas and EU students are welcomed. Students whose first language is not English should normally have achieved a score of 7.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or equivalent.
- Eligibility for students without degree-equivalent qualifications will be assessed on the basis of a short essay and statement. Places will be offered after a successful interview with a member of the programme team.
People who viewed 'MA Magazines: University of East London
' also found interest in following institutions . . .