MA in Communications Policy: University of Westminster
- MA in Communications Policy: University of Westminster, Admissions and Marketing Office, Harrow Campus, University of Westminster, Watford Road, Northwick Park, Harrow, Middlesex HA1 3TP, Harrow, United Kingdom
- Journalism and Mass Communications
- Course Language(s)
- Course Beginning
- 1 year full-time or 2 years part-time
- Scholarship and Grants
- +44 (0) 20 7911 5903
- +44 (0)20 7911 5955
The course is designed to give students a broad introduction to policy in the media, information and telecommunications sectors.
It draws on experience from Europe, the UK, the USA, Asia Pacific, Africa, Latin America and developing countries.
The University of Westminster's MA in Communication Policy:
- is taught by a team of academics with international reputations;
- has a large element of choice; can be personalised through a wide range of modules;
- covers media (film, press, television), as well as telecommunications, the Internet and electronic commerce;
welcomes students from all backgrounds and countries;
- is internationally oriented - draws on experience from the European Union and CEECs, the USA, Asia Pacific, Africa, Latin America and developing countries;
- is interdisciplinary draws on international relations, history, political economy, sociology, and technology;
- offers a unique opportunity for training in communications' regulatory mechanisms;
- offers a chance to benefit from the wider strengths of the University of Westminster.The Communication And Media Research Institute has three times received the top 5 rating in the Government's research assessment exercise. The Department in which the MA is based also received a teaching quality assessment of 23 out of a possible 24 in 1998;
- is provided at the Harrow Campus which is a pleasant greenfield site on the outskirts of London. International students applying early can get accommodation on Campus.
The course welcomes diversity and is designed to appeal to students from all geographical regions. They offer loads of student support in study skills and with getting you started on your dissertation during the first semester.
The course is taught at the University's Harrow campus where the School of Media, Arts and Design is based. The MA in Communication Policy course team comprises well known academics with considerable teaching and research expertise
In general, past students from the MA in Communications Policy have found jobs in middle- and upper management in the public and private sectors (e.g. government Ministries, regulatory authorities, media and telecommunications companies), as well as the broader private (e.g. consulting and advertising firms) and public sector.
- You should possess, or be expecting to get, a good first degree from a recognised University.
- They welcome applications from mature applicants with a background in the media or telecommunications.
- You will need a good standard of written and spoken English (at least 6.5 IELTS or 600 TOEFL or equivalent).
People who viewed 'MA in Communications Policy: University of Westminster
' also found interest in following institutions . . .