FdA Broadcast Media: University of Brighton
- FdA Broadcast Media: University of Brighton, University Centre Hastings, Havelock Road, Hastings, East Sussex TN34 1BE, Brighton, United Kingdom
- Journalism and Mass Communications
- Course Language(s)
- Course Beginning
- 2 years full time or 4 years part time
- Scholarship and Grants
- +448456 020607
- +441273 644627
This practical course, run at University Centre Hastings, will give you a solid base to build a career in broadcast media, be it television, radio and film or audio-visual internet content. You will learn how to apply the latest technology such as digital filming and editing, as well as gaining the essential skills of script writing, interviewing, editing and professional practice.
You will be taught by experienced broadcast media professionals. They work as producers, directors, scriptwriters, directors of photography, presenters and editors in radio, film and television.
Career and progression opportunities
Graduates will be qualified to find work in a range of media occupations including television, radio, film and new media. Graduates wishing to take their studies further may progress to the one-year Broadcast Media top-up degree.
- UCAS tariff: 160 points, from a minimum of one 12-unit or two 6-unit qualifications. Level 3 Key Skills will count towards the tariff score.
- International Baccalaureate: 24 points; specified subjects.
- GCSE (minimum grade C): at least 3 subjects including English language and mathematics or a science.
- For non-native speakers of English: IELTS 6.0 in writing, 6.0 overall.
People who viewed 'FdA Broadcast Media: University of Brighton
' also found interest in following institutions . . .