Computational Mechanics: Munich University of Technology
- Master of Science
- Computational Mechanics: Munich University of Technology, Technische Universität München, Dipl.-Ing. Katrin Runtemund, Arcisstraße 21, München, 80333, Germany
- Mechanical Engineering
- Course Language(s)
- English and German
- Course Beginning
- Mid-October (only winter term)
- 4 semester
- App Deadline
- For international students March 31st and for European applicants May 15th
About the programme
Computational mechanics is a constantly growing field with impact on both science and industry in all areas of engineering. It is concerned with solving mechanical problems on the basis of numerical approximation methods, involving discretization of the underlying equations in both space and time.
Nowadays, related skills are indispensable in civil and mechanical engineering, for the design of automobiles and spacecrafts, for developments in biomechanics and micro-electro-mechanical systems. Virtually all technical disciplines make use of the fast progress in this area.
Eligibility for the Master’s Program in Computational Mechanics is demonstrated by:
- the following degrees:
- a.an above-average Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or comparable programs obtained from a German university; or
- b. an internationally acknowledged above-average Bachelor’s Degree in the programs specified in lit. a obtained from a foreign university; or
- c. an above-average Diplom, Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the programs specified in lit. a obtained from a German Fachhochschule [University of Applied Sciences]; or
- d. a Diplom, Magister or Master’s Degree in the programs specified in lit. a obtained from a German university; or
- e. a degree obtained from a foreign institution of higher education which is equivalent to those specified in lit. c and d;
- an adequate knowledge of the English language. Students whose native language is not English must demonstrate proficiency through an acknowledged language test such as “Test of English as a Foreign Language” (TOEFL) , “International English Language Testing System” (IELTS), or “Cambridge Main Suite of English Examinations ".
People who viewed 'Computational Mechanics: Munich University of Technology
' also found interest in following institutions . . .