MA in Public Relations: University of Westminster
- MA in Public Relations: University of Westminster, Admissions and Marketing Office, Harrow Campus, University of Westminster, Watford Road, Northwick Park, Harrow, Middlesex HA1 3TP, Harrow, United Kingdom
- Journalism and Mass Communications
- Course Language(s)
- Course Beginning
- 1 year full-time or 2 years part-time
- +44 (0)20 7911 5903
- +44 (0)20 7911 5955
The MA in Public Relations is a challenging and rewarding course that encourages students to reflect on the dynamic profession of public relations (PR).
This course, the first of its kind in London, is particularly relevant if you want to start or progress a career in PR or one that involves communications with either internal or external stakeholders.
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Manage effective PR strategies in a variety of contexts
- Interpret the context in which PR takes place, and function in a range of PR roles and environments
- Design and deliver messages to segmented audiences using a full range of up to date techniques including new media
- Analyse key and current issues facing PR practitioners
- Critically evaluate the theories which underpin PR practice
- Undertake independent research to add to the profession's knowledge base.
The course combines both theory and practice and is highly participative. Group exercises involving current, real life scenarios and role-play form a key feature of the classes.
During the MA course, you will take seven modules and submit a dissertation. Classes are taught over two semesters, starting in late September, and you generally attend classes two days a week, depending on which modules you choose.
All students will study the following core modules:
- Understanding public relations
- Public relations and the media
- Planning a public relations campaign
- Contemporary theory and issues in PR
- Dissertation research skills
You will also choose two optional modules:
- Corporate PR
- Consumer PR
- Fashion PR\
- Marketing principles
- NGO and charity campaigns and PR
- New media and PR
- Political communications
- Public affairs
- You should have a good first degree or equivalent. We do sometimes accept applicants with professional qualifications and substantial work experience.
- If your first language is not English, you will need a minimum score of 7.0 in IELTS.
People who viewed 'MA in Public Relations: University of Westminster
' also found interest in following institutions . . .