Marine Biology: University of Groningen
- Marine Biology: University of Groningen, University of Groningen, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, P.O. Box 72 , 9700 AB, Groningen, Netherlands
- Course Language(s)
- Course Beginning
- 2 years
- App Deadline
- EU students: 1 June; non-EU students: 1 February
- +31 - (0)50-3638764
The Master’s programme in Marine Biology takes two years and is offered by the University of Groningen in cooperation with the Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research (NIOZ) on Texel, the Centre for Estuarine and Marine Ecology (NIOO-CEME) in Yerseke, and the Institute for Fisheries Research (IMARES/RIVO) in IJmuiden. The Groningen Master’s programme Marine Biology is unique in The Netherlands.
Requirements for admission to the Master’s programme in Marine Biology include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Biology with the specialization Marine Biology or the specialization Ecology (with the modules Oceanography and Marine Biology).
- If you have a different degree, the Board of Examiners will decide whether or not you can be admitted to the Master’s programme.
- For admission to the programmes, taught in English, you will need to prove your proficiency in English by means of one of the following tests (the test cannot be older than two years, except for the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English):
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5 – no less than 6.0 on each section
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based test) 92 – no less than 21 on each section
- TOEFL CBT (computer-based test) 237 – no less than 21 on each section
- TOEFL PBT (paper-based test) 580 - no less than 55 on each section
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English - CAE (Certificate of Advanced English)
- English language test – University of Groningen Language Center – section scores C2 or C1 and one section score B2.
People who viewed 'Marine Biology: University of Groningen
' also found interest in following institutions . . .